- Junior Accountant – Bedrock Homes, Edmonton – Full Time
1) Junior Accountant – Bedrock Homes, Edmonton – Full Time
Bedrock Homes is currently seeking an experienced candidate that is looking to grow within our dynamic team of professionals.
Junior Accountant Qualifications/Experience:
– Post-secondary school diploma in Accounting.
– 3+ years’ accounting experience. Accounts Payable experience in the residential homebuilding industry is considered an asset.
– Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
– Sound knowledge and experience with Timberline 300. Homefront experience is considered an asset.
– Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
– Strong knowledge of payment regulations and fair credit practices.
– Must possess a high level of moral judgement for handling confidential information and monetary transactions.
– Experience in gathering data, compiling the proper information, and preparing financial reports.
– Able to perform moderate to complex account reconciliations.
– Strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
– Basic knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls.
– Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
– Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
– Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
– Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
– Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, vendors and trades.
– Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
Junior Accountant Responsibilities:
– Collaborate with the Controller to maintain department goals and deadlines.
– Preparation of daily bank deposits.
– Update training materials and departmental procedures as needed.
– Provide support to AP personnel.
– Answer queries and complaints from vendors and trades with respect to payment status and diffuse any potential issues.
– Form payment strategies to make timely AP payments and mitigate supplier objections.
– Ensure an accurate understanding of company policies in relation to allowances, expenses and direct payments.
– Analysis of monthly general ledger accounts including posting adjusting journal entries.
– Assist with preparation of operational budgets.
– Assist with preparation of documents for yearend financial statements.
This full-time position is located in Edmonton, Alberta. We are located on the south side of Edmonton. Office Hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. Bedrock Homes provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. Please submit resume with cover letter and salary expectations, quoting the position title “Junior Accountant” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.